Monday, July 11, 2011

Butterfly Garden Mini Album

I love mini albums. They are quick and easy to create and make wonderful gifts. I first got started on mini albums after watching a video of the incredibly talented Laura Denison creating mini pocket albums. If you love mini albums and don't follow her, you should. :-)

I made this album as a birthday gift for my sister-in-law Kaye. I used the beautiful Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection, trinkets, and flowers that I got from Scottie Crafts.

The album contains family photo's and were taken at Shakespear Park in February when Andy and I renewed our wedding vows. It was a great excuse to celebrate our marriage with our family and friends and for capturing family photos.

The flowers are Prima and Kaisercraft, the leaves Prima and the pearl swirl are from Kaisercraft.

These gorgeous trinkets and toggle closure were all from Scottie Crafts.
There are three pocket pages in this album. This first pocket holds Kaye's mini birthday card, you can just see the lace which edges the card, popping out from the envelope.
I love tags and use them a lot for journalling and embellishing pages.
This second pocket page holds a folded card with photo's on all for sides. I've attached a tiny butterfly punched shape to be used to pull the card out from the pocket.
A mini journalling tag popping out from a border punched pocket.
And another tag inside a punch border pocket and a tiny view of the birthday card.

I hope this mini album inspires you to create one. Just be careful, because once you've made one you'll want to make another and another. They are very addictive. :-)

Leanne

3 comments:

  1. Amazing books Leanne, you totally inspire me. What a gift you give with your sharing way. Thank you. Keep on creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy, you're too kind. You've answered so many of my scrapbooking questions and taught me so many techniques, I just had to put them into practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Leanne, how can you tell me that you aren't inspiring!!!! They are gorgeous.. .wish I lived in Auckland!

    ReplyDelete