Sunday, July 31, 2011

Altered Book

For ages I've wanted to alter a book. I love books, especially old ones, but I would never destroy an old book. So I looked through the books at my local Hospice shop and found this mass produced novel; it was perfect for the project I had in mind.

I've used the hollow/secret book technique and built an album inside it. The album is a mini which meant I didn't have to cut a large hole through all the layers of the paper, just one deep enough for the album to fit inside.






I love how this altered book turned out. Can't wait to add photo's to it now.

Supplies (all from Scottie Crafts):

  • Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection (again)
  • Prima flowers and lace
  • Scrapware's Iron Gate, Lamp Post and Flourish
  • Zva Creative Leaves
  • Spellbinders Rose Creations, Labels Seventeen and Labels One
  • Bronze findings
  • Metallic Rub-ons
  • Ranger Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
  • And of course a few other goodies from my stash.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Leanne your book is gorgeous love it too!!!
    Love how you have an album in an album

    ReplyDelete